Association for Learning Environments East Conference
Association for Learning Environments NC Chapter Conference
Too many schools, educators and students are impacted negatively by cultures that are filled with excuses. Mike has led the culture building work through the implementation of a Culture of No Excuses. Meechin discusses his work in a Title 1 high school with over 2,000 students who had been written off, and his current school which required the design of a school culture from the ground up.
Mike will discuss the culture building practices that he and his team implemented to turn around a school and build another one from the ground up. Enough is enough – no more excuses.
The work in schools and districts is driven by its leadership. Making sure that leaders – current or future – have the tools to engage in critical conversations to move schools, staff, and students forward is essential.
Mike will have a critical conversation about what it truly takes to move schools forward. We can move schools forward – only by building the people in our schools up. Whether you need a motivational session or want to kickstart the year – Mike is ready to lead you into better place.
Mike is an award winning high school principal, who has implemented actionable strategies that can be fit into any district or school level. Through his work in a Title 1 high school where over 50% of students come in to 9th grade reading below grade level – Mike will talk about how he led the school to a graduation rate of 91% – an increase of over 10% in just three years.
These strategies are not “wait and see” approaches. Mike will discuss systems that you can implement into your school or district now. There is no time to waste.
As principal of NeoCity Academy, Mike has built a public STEM magnet high school from the ground up. Everything from building design, construction, curriculum, staffing – had to be re-thought. This school is a true example of what it means to disrupt the status quo.
Mike will talk about not only the innovative learning environments he envisioned – but how it impacts our teaching and learning – and ultimately prepares students for life after graduation.
Some of the Schools & Districts Mike Has Worked With
- Evangel University Education Graduate Programs; St. Louis, Missouri
- Florida Association for Media in Education
- Florida Council of Language Arts Supervisors
- Florida Diagnostic and Learning Resources Systems (FDLRS)
- Fulton County Schools; Atlanta, George
- Grant Wood Education Area; Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Lake Mary Prep High School; Lake Mary, Florida
- Lloydminster School Division; Alberta, Canada
- Pensacola Catholic High School; Pensacola, Florida
- Putnam County Schools; Palatka, Florida
- Richland Two School District; Columbia, South Carolina
- University of Central Florida Graduate Programs; Orlando, Florida
- Wasatch Back School District; Park City, Utah