Michael Meechin, M.Ed.
Poinciana High School
Michael Meechin is a high school principal, educational consultant, speaker and writer. Michael speaks and writes on topics that include educational reform, high-impact instructional strategies, grading & assessment, and instructional technology.
Meechin is a proud product of the inner-city public education system. He has spent his career in at-risk schools with high needs populations in Central Florida and Metropolitan Atlanta. Serving as a social studies teacher, AVID coordinator, data & assessment coordinator, dean of students, assistant principal and principal, Mike has a wide variety of experiences which make him an asset to schools and districts looking for support in reaching student populations through high-impact instruction.
Mike serves on the Advisory Board for the Future of Educational Technology Conference, one of the largest educational technology conferences in North America. Michael is a member of the State of Florida AVID Principals’ Collaborative (www.avid.org) and the Florida Department of Education Brian Dassler Leadership Academy.
Michael resides in Central Florida with his wife Angela, and their children Kennedy and Jack. Mike is available for speaking engagements and professional development work throughout the United States and Canada.
- Remind Case Study: Increasing Attendance with Michael Meechin
- Poinciana High School Class of 2017 Inspiring Elementary Students
- Interview in EdTech K-12 Magazine
- Principal Meechin Reveals Plans for Poinciana
- Motto at Poinciana High: “No Excuses”, Says New Principal
- Poinciana High Assistant Principal Runs Tough Course for Daughter
- PHS Senior Walk Hopes to Inspire K-5 Kids